Holy Empties. I love some trash talk. Believe it or not, there is only one product in this bunch I didn’t like! It was the Caudalie Serum. I can’t find this online so I’m assuming it’s been discontinued. This serum did nothing, smelled kind of funny, and overall made me sad I wasn’t using something else. But for that price tag, I finished it. A product I liked as a primer but not a setting spray is the NYX Matte Finish Spray. I found it helped my makeup stay put when it was applied first rather than last.
A hidden gem in this pile are the makeup wipes from Walgreens. They are very stretchy, smooth, and take off makeup really well. I think these are definitely a drugstore treasure.
One product that I haven’t replaced but is on my list is the Vasanti BrightenUP! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator. This scrub has the consistency of a paste and does a great job of giving your skin that deep-clean feeling without scratching your skin. I will say that this did leave me with a little bit of redness, but my skin didn’t feel irritated. The sample size lasted a pretty long time and I only used it 1-2 times/week, so I wouldn’t feel like the $34 price tag is too much if you think of it as a treatment.
Other than the serum, I honestly love everything else in this bunch. Here are some more in-depth reviews on 3 of these products if you want to check them out:
Dry Bar Triple Sec and Amika Texturizing Spray
The Body Shop Vitamin E Night Cream
I received all of these samples in Birchbox so I decided to stack them up against each other and do a little review.
- Coola: I was not a fan of this mineral sunscreen. For starters, the color was a little too yellow and I did not like the feel of this after set. It was a little too powdery and clung to dry patches. This might be good for someone who is oily but it didn’t work well for me.
- Dr. Jart+: I don’t see the need for you nighttime skincare to be tinted. I read reviews on this and a mineral product from Bare Minerals with women saying it makes them feel more confident if they have some company at night, but I just don’t understand that. Be proud of your makeup-free face! Anyway, I tried this during the day and it was too greasy. The color was also a little too tan. Big miss for me.
- Supergoop: I was so excited to try this after Tiffany D raved about it. Overall, this color matched me best. It had pretty decent coverage and started to break up around the 4 hour mark. It worked a little better with a primer and my Rimmel Stay Matte, but overall, I wouldn’t spend the high-end price tag with this product.
There ya have it! Sometimes products just don’t work, but that’s what samples are for. What is your favorite BB Cream? Let me know!
June! Ah! If you came over from Instagram, you’ll know I said it wasn’t a huge makeup month for me but let’s check out what I was into!
Harvey Prince Hello: This stuff came in a Birchbox and when I ran out of the sample I just had to buy more. It is a beautiful scent and so nice for everyday.
Benefit Hoola: An oldie but a goodie is back!
Rimmel Stay Matte – Translucent: I’ve been shiny this month and not in a good way so this has been awesome.
Colour Pop – Bill: This matte shadow is so pretty and can take on pink, plum, or taupe depending on how you layer it.
Colour Pop – Stole the Show: This highlight is not for the subtle, but it is stunning.
Eco Tools Fan Brush: I’ve been using this to apply my bronzer and have really been loving how it looks. Really fun brush to have!
Hello, very long time no talk! I’ve had a very busy month so let’s recap:
- Hosted a giveaway at the beginning of the month (boy…I wonder if another one is coming up soon…?)
- Went home to surprise my mama for Mother’s Day
- Came back to school to finish my JUNIOR YEAR of college
- Started summer school
- Took a road trip home with my sister, brother-in-law, nieces, their dog, and my boyfriend (they live in CO and picked Jacob and I up in IA to head to IL)
- Summer school “midterms” (because 2 weeks = halfway done!)
Phew! Well, that’s nothing! Needless to say, it’s been a busy month so I apologize for the lack of posts. I have more planned for the month of June but in the meantime, let’s review my favorites for the moth that helped me with all the busy activities…
Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush – Fearless: This blush came in my Sephora Summer Obsessions 2015. I love this bright pink and it adds a very natural flush to the skin when it’s sheered out.
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette: I cannot rave about this enough. If you’re going to get one high-end product ever, I’d say this should be it. I’ve specifically been using the warming shade as a bronzer after I read that Margo Robbie wore this as her bronzer/contour at the Oscars. I can see why. Specifically, I like the use it with the Too Faced Teddy Bear Brush (I don’t believe you can get this individually but it comes in a lot of sets).
Benefit’s Watt’s Up: This highlighter packs some major punch. I like that it plays nicely over powder whereas a lot of cream formulas don’t. This is a gold tone and looks gorgeous!
Benefit’s Fake Up: This concealer has been neglected for awhile but has really made it’s way back to the front of my drawer. It isn’t heavy coverage but is nice to smooth and conceal a little darkness under the eyes on natural days.
Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer: I have waited for this bronzer for too long! It actually reminds me a lot of Hoola but the colors are slightly different. It reminds me of Hoola in the way that it really adds major definition. I have preferred it for contouring over bronzing…I tend to like a bronzer with a little more orange for all-over.
Marcelle Hydrating Gel: I got this sample in a recent Birchbox and initially wrote it off. I’ve really been enjoying it for under my BB creams, though. Sometimes I don’t think my BB creams are alway hydrating enough (I wear them as foundation most days) but if I moisturize underneath I am far too oily. This is perfect for adding hydration without layering too much on my skin. I’m not sure if I’m going to purchase this one exactly but now am very interested in trying other moisturizing gels.
If you have a favorite moisturizing gel, please let me know in the comments! xoxo Nicole