U.K. babes and boys…Glossier has crossed the pond! Glossier traveled north to Canada within the last few months and now they have made their move overseas. In honor of the big launch, I wanted to finally share my review for Glossier’s Wowder Powder, one of their newest products.
ps – The Glossier Sweatshirt is crazy comfy. It has a soft, fuzzy inside and raglan sleeves, which I love on sweaters. I’m wearing a medium for reference.
I have combination skin with dry patches on my cheeks/chin and an oily forehead/nose. My favorite way to apply this powder is with a damp Real Techniques sponge. I can stamp the powder into my skin, melting it into my foundation for a locked-in, flawless finish.
This is how I look at the end of an 10 hour day without any touch ups to my face. When I do touch up, I use a Real Techniques setting brush. The website makes some serious claims about this powder, so I’m going to go through them all quickly to see how it holds up on my skin:
- Cut shine: Yes (do you see the above picture?!)
- Blur the appearance of pores: Yup
- Set makeup, look like skin: Yes – but not under my eyes. Did not work there for me.
- Won’t leave a chalky film: Yes, and using a sponge helps. Whenever you apply too much powder, mist with any facial spray.
- Won’t cake into fine lines: True
- Won’t flatten skin’s texture: In all honesty, I’m not sure what this claim means, so we’re just going to skip this one.
- No camera flashback: YES! Even the Snapchat selfie flash. For real.
Wowder comes in three shades – Light/Medium, Dark/Deep and Rich. For $22 you get .25 oz. I got mine on August 6th and I have about half left.
Bottom line: I love this powder. If you want to shop it through my page, you can click HERE and you can check out some of my other faves.