I was driving home the other night around 7 when I realized it was starting to get dark out, which means the season is almost over. I didn’t get to do all of the things I wanted to this summer (so many patios, so little time), but I’m hoping to squeeze in a few more things this fall before it gets too chilly.
It was a pretty great summer, so I wanted to share my highlights and favorites. Tell me yours down below, I’d love to hear!
1) Wearing less (if any) makeup: This summer I really couldn’t be bothered with makeup. In the picture above, I’m barely wearing any. Just my It! Cosmetics CC+ Cream and…
2) Glossier Cloud Paint and Boy Brow: These two products were life savers this summer. I have Cloud Paint in Dusk, which doubles as a great bronze/blush flush that looks super natural. Boy Brow to keep my eyebrows in check and that’s it. *shameless plug – you can shop 20% off your first order through my page here.
3) My newest niece: She’s pretty much a perfect specimen and I don’t understand how my three nieces are all so beautiful. If you want to know me IRL, this is me. We also got to take a trip out to Denver and see the whole crew, which was a blast.
4) Bodysuits: Whenever I went out this summer, I was most likely wearing a bodysuit and jeans. If we’re being honest, it took me awhile to hop on the bodysuit train because I thought going to the bathroom would be a pain, but it’s all good.
Also wearing this bodysuit in white in the first pic
5) Letting my theme go: I used to really stress about my Instagram theme. I wanted it to look “perfect,” but really I was making it boring and sterile. Now, I’m just posting what makes me happy and I think it looks a lot better as a result.
6) The lake: I love lake life. You smell like sunscreen, relax by the water, eat dinner late and play board games. Going to my friend’s lake house is so much fun and I’m so happy we got to go up this summer.
7) Stok Iced Coffee: At one point this summer, I went through 5 in 9 days. I went so far as to tweet Stok asking if you can buy direct (answer: you can’t).
8) Going to Iowa: Iowa always feels like home. Jacob and I took a great trip to Iowa over Father’s Day and it was wonderful to relax, see his family and take a break for a nice long weekend.
9) The Box of Style: I’ve been lusting over my boss’ Box of Style subscription for awhile now so I finally pulled the trigger and signed up. You can receive $10 off your first box here to join in on the fun for fall. For $99/box, or $350 for the year, you get over $400 worth of product per box. This is not a little cheap box – you get some seriously awesome stuff. The summer box had a hat, kimono, necklace, two beauty products and sunglasses.
10) Chopping my hair: This was the first time I styled my short hair since chopping it all of and it felt so nice. I’m in that awkward flippy stage right now where it won’t stay straight because it’s hitting your shoulders, so we’ll see if fall brings another chop or I let it go.
If you want to see more pics of this handsome fella and me, click here.
Here’s to you, Summer 2017. Bring on fall.