If you’re anything like me, you’re constantly trying to get more volume in your hair. I currently have 2 texturizing sprays (the Triple Sec and Texture Tease) that I’m working on. I just finished a travel size of the Amika and have previously purchased 2-3 cans of the Bumble&Bumble. All of them have the same idea but still have their subtle differences. Let’s compare notes:
Garnier Fructis Style De-Constructed Texture Tease – $5(ish) 3.8 oz
- Smell: Similar to other Garnier products
- Lots of grit so you can really work it in and add a lot of volume
- Medium hold (almost acts as a hairspray)
- I love using this specifically when I’m going for a pony/bun with a lot of volume in the crown
Amika Un.Done Texture Spray – $24 5.3 oz
- Smell: AMAZING (perfume/floralish but not overwhelming)
- Great texture with a little
- Doesn’t leave your hair “too dirty” the day after
- Bonus: Amika also makes a great dry shampoo. You can read some more reviews on that here.
Drybar Triple Sec 3-in-1 – $26 4.2 oz
- Smell: Freaking amazing. Drybar is actually coming out with a candle (heart eyes)
- Tons texture but a little heavier than some of the others
- Said to “texturize, amplify, and refresh”
- My hair feels like there is a lot of product build up the day after using this
Bumble&Bumble Thickening Dryspun Finish – $31 4 oz
- Smell: A bit manly. Like a subtle cologne
- Can help add that “piece-y” look to your hair with a good hold
- Doesn’t leave my hair feeling dirty at all
I would recommend each of these depending on what your looking for. I would buy them all at different times depending on how I’m styling my hair (it goes through phases) and what my cut is at that time.
I love everything I’ve tried from Amika so far and I am going to have to add this to this list! The struggle of having fine hair. Lol. I just received a sample of their dry shampoo and it’s now my #1.
Totally! My roommate swears by their dry shampoo! That’ll be next on my list to try. The texturizing spray is awesome though, especially if you love the Amika dry shampoo smell 🙂
It’s the only dry shampoo that I can’t smell that odd chemical scent. I actually like the scent.
Yeah I know what you mean! I definitely need to grab a can of that soon!
I love the Garnier spray!
Yes! It’s great 🙂 and unfortunately it seems to fly under the radar!
I definitely relate to this as I have fine hair. Love how you mentioned the smells!! I won’t repurchase something if it smells bad. Have you ever tried the Loreal Elnett Satin Hairspray?? I can’t stand how it smells! xo J
Fine hair is not fun haha. I’m particular about smells so I feel ya! I haven’t tried that hairspray, I’m in a long term relationship with the Bumble&Bumble Spray de Mode Hairspray!