Two years! I honestly thought when I started blogging it’d be a little stint but I’m proud to say I’ve stuck with it! I never thought I’d get so many amazing opportunities blogging or meet so many wonderful girls, but I’m grateful that I have. I wanted to celebrate BB’s birthday with a little photo shoot, and things didn’t exactly go according to plan. Let me explain:
I asked my boyfriend to take pictures for me this past weekend. He was busy, I was stressed, it wasn’t ideal timing. We finally got outside to take pictures when I realized like the space cadet that I am, I didn’t charge the camera. Now we were fighting the sunset and low battery. I’m not a camera whiz so it’s hard for me to direct him as the cameraman. He was trying his best, and I so appreciate that, but it wasn’t working. The worst part about creating something is having a vision and your project not coming out how you pictured it.
Clearly, things weren’t going well. Then, something amazing happened. We found my friend Alex, a photographer, outside taking pictures for a project. Here’s what she saw:
Ain’t he cute? Alex took over from here and captured some amazing shots:
What a cute cupcake
Outfit Details (they’re disappointing, I promise):
- Scarf, sweater, and jeans: All Gap and all unavailable. Fun fact: that scarf is 5 years old and it is still my favorite. The jeans are a little newer, they’re called the Resolution. I can’t find them online but if they come back snag them up because they are crazy comfortable.
- Shoes: Target, also very old. I could actually use some help, anyone have some ankle boots like this that they like?
- Jacket: Now that I can link to! I LOVE this coat. It’s not super warm but is perfect for that awkward in-between seasons stage. For reference, I have this in a Large. Any bustier than me and this definitely won’t button
Makeup Details (there’s a lot caked on there so I’ll stick to the highlights):
- Face: Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation, Hourglass Edit Palette, Benefit Hervana Blush
- Eyes: L’Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow Amber Rush, CoverGirl Clump Crusher Mascara and Benefit They’re Real Mascara
- Brows: Benefit Instant Brow and Gimme Brow
- Lips: YSL Volupte Tint-In-Oil #5
I’ve learned a lot in my second year of blogging. Mainly, just have fun. There’s a lot I want to do still and more I want to create. BB is ready for a major facelift but I think that will have to wait until after graduation. If you want, you can check out my 5 Tips for Blogging here (I look like a baby in that post) and my tips for taking iPhone pictures here.
So little blog, Happy Birthday.
Special thank you to the boyfriend for helping, Alex for her pictures, and Kaity for my hair!