Tati (aka Glam Life Guru) on YouTube has had some of my favorite videos lately with her WTF! Series. Tati has been trying out $200 foundation, $100 highlighter, and more extremes, which is great because that means us mere mortals don’t have to waste our money if something is crap. Sadly, I’m not a fan of the first two Chanel products that I’ve tried out, and these products are hardly cheap.
I tried these out in a Choix box, a company/idea that I love. You can read more about Choix here. I tried the Perfection Lumiere Velvet foundation and the Soleil Tan de Chanel, both of which have glowing reviews online but left me unimpressed.
- The color matched – a lot of times it’s hard to find a light shade that doesn’t lean too pink. 12 was a great shade on me
- Doesn’t feel heavy on the skin
- Can be layered without looking cakey
- Very, very strong floral scent – I would still catch a whiff of this when it had already set on my skin. Not a fan
- Not very full coverage – for $50, this better make my skin look near perfect, but I still needed a decent amount of concealer and powder
- Average staying power – once again, with big price tags, I expect big results. After 4 hours, my nose would always need a touch-up when wearing this foundation and I’m not very oily
- Not kind on dry skin – as you can see in the swatch on my arm, the color is a little patchy in a few spots where the foundation is showing dryness I didn’t even know I had
Soleil Tan de Chanel ($50)
Before I get into the pros and cons of this, I feel like I need to say, I have a feeling I’m just not “getting” this product. The description says it’s a “cream-gel” formula but to me it feels like a dry cream. I guess there is a chance it isn’t as creamy because it’s a sample, but I didn’t have an issue with any of the other samples and that shouldn’t change the formula.
- Good staying power
- Nice finish
- The scent – less floral than the foundation but still there
- Hard to blend – I tried a sponge, stippling brush, synthetic blush brush…I didn’t know what to do and nothing seemed to give me a flawless finish
- Tone – I’m not a fan of the tone of this bronzer. I know TiffanyD on YouTube is fair and loves this bronzer but I didn’t like the color on me
These products aren’t bad, but they didn’t blow me away either. Even after these two not working out, I’m not discouraged to try Chanel products. Their lipsticks and eyeshadows are definitely on my radar for the future. Are there any Chanel products you love? Do you love these two? Let me know, please! I’d love to hear! xoxo