It’s no secret that elf has some of my favorite makeup products. In August I had an elf week sharing my Top 10 Favorite elf Products and Top 10 Favorite elf Brushes. Since then, I have been lucky enough to have elf send over some of their amazing new goodies and I wanted to do a round-up review of the products I’ve gotten since I’ve had a few people ask.
- Play: Matte Lip Color – Wine, eyeshadow quad – Tantalizing Taupe, Eyeliner and Shadow Stick
- Pass: Lip Balm and Perfect Finish HD Powder – I wasn’t a fan of the lip balm just because I don’t like minty lip products, but if you do the color payoff on this was very nice. The HD Powder is find, nothing wrong with it, but I like the Rimmel Stay Matte and it’s a little less expensive
This was super excited about everything in my second package. I already owned the exfoliator, although it was a little old so it was nice to have a replacement! The crease brush is great, although a little flimsy so I like it for blending out my under-eye. I’ve owned the moisturizing lipsticks in the past and think they are a great formula so it was exciting to have a deeper shade for winter. I also raved about the blush in my November Favorites, which you can read more about here.
I’m a little on the fence about the eyeshadow platte in Smoky. Above are a few of the colors swatched without primer. It’s not bad, but also not amazing. However, with primer, these shadows are great. Personally, I always use primer because no matter how great the shadow, it would melt away on my lids an hour in. Part of me wants to say, who cares then, I use a primer anyway, but at the same time, I wish the pigmentation was a little stronger. In this YouTube review, Emily explains how the all matte palette of this range has the best consistency.
- Play: Everything but the eyeshadow!
- Pass: Would I purchase this for $10? Probably not. But I would pick up the all matte palette
I yelled over this package…no joke. The blotting papers are so cute and the compact is great. I had been trying to purchase the Illuminating Palette for awhile online but it was always sold out so I was super excited to try this out.
I’m still playing around but overall, I would recommend this as a substitute for someone who can’t afford the Ambient Powders. It’s not identical, but it’s pretty close and gives a similar effect.
This Marsala Blush is a very pretty brown-nude but has enough pink that it doesn’t make your skin look dull. The Prism Shadows are gorgeous! That is one swipe without primer!
These are sadly the two things I would pass on from this package. The Lip Color Remover works well, but it doesn’t do anything my makeup wipes wouldn’t already do, so I just wouldn’t spend the money. The eyeliner was sadly a disaster. I’m not a fan of brush applicators but that aside, the formula didn’t seem to dry and smudged all over my lid.
- Play: Mattifying Blotting Papers, Illuminating Palette, Lipstick, Prism Eyeshadows
- Pass: Liquid Eyeliner, Lip Color Remover
That was a lot to cover but I hope this was helpful to those of you that had questions about some of the new elf products! Let me know if I left anything unanswered! Play Beautifully! xoxo