Hello all! I am here today to review this highly anticipated NYX Highlight & Contour Pro Palette. I do not own a powder contouring palette such as the Anastasia or Kat Von D so I thought I’d pick this up and give it a try!
Cost: $30 for 8 pans (refillable)
Colors: (Top to Bottom)
- Pearl finish; White
- Matte finish; Pale beige with pink
- Matte finish; Yellow
- Sheen/hint of pearl finish; Beige/peach
- Matte finish; Neutral bronzer
- Sheen finish; Warm bronzer (hint of gold sheen but not glitter)
- Matte finish; Taupe (touch of red)
- Sheen finish; Chocolate brown
- If you don’t own a contour kit, this is a great start
- Slim, sturdy packaging
- 2 Matte highlight shades are a little chalky as is the first contour shade
- Pricey for drugstore? Some might disagree, but I’d recommend waiting for an Ulta/NYX coupon
Verdict: If you already own a high end contour palette, I don’t think you need this one. If you don’t have one and would like one, I think this one would be very nice. I’ve been trying it out for the past few days and I’m not sure if the contour shades work well with my skin tone. The shade I was most excited about was the matte yellow and since the payoff of that shade isn’t the best, I’m a little disappointed. I’m on the fence at the moment whether or not I’m going to keep this, so it might be better for someone who isn’t as fair as I am.