Hello all! This week I’m talking about hair! Here are some tips if you suffer from dry winter hair or have thin/damage strands. I hope you find some of these tips useful and stay tuned for my Top 5 Hair products post coming at the end of the week!
- Deep Condition: As I’ve mentioned before, I hate washing my hair (read more here). If you’re like me, it doesn’t hurt to use a deep conditioner as your normal conditioner. Try the Neutrogena Triple Moisture Daily Deep Conditioner if you wash everyday. Don’t use conditioner on the roots so you can stretch out washes.
- Food for thought: Lots of things in your kitchen are great for your hair! You can really mix up any combo you want and let it sit in your hair while taking a bath or look up more specific recipes on Pinterest. Try Coconut Oil, olive oil, avocado or honey (see below).
- Blow dry: You might think it’s better to let your hair air dry but it’s actually better to blow dry your hair to combat frizz. Before you blow dry, rinse your hair with a cup of cold water in the sink. If you can, wring out your hair with an old cotton shirt instead of a towel. Use a heat protectant and blow dry your style.
- Lay off the dry shampoo: While we all love dry shampoo, it can leave your hair a little too dry when absorbing excess oil. Try using baby powder instead (just rub it in well if you have dark hair) or style your hair up in a cute bun.
- Sleep tight: While I don’t practice what I preach here, I know that many swear by silk pillow cases to keep frizz away and your style in place.
My DIY Deep Conditioner: Smash a quarter of an avocado and mix with equal part deep conditioner. Add a tablespoon of honey and mix together. Wash your hair as normal then add the deep conditioner and let it sit (take a nice bath). Rinse well and style as normal.
I hope a few of these tips help! If you have any tricks up your sleeve for winter hair, let me know down below!