I was at CVS with a coupon and there was a buy one get one 50% off sale on Cover Girl. I was in need of a new foundation, so I picked up that and for my second product I wanted to get another NatureLuxe Gloss Balm when I realized…they were gone! Having a product you love discontinued is something very sad that we can all relate to. I saw these Lipslicks Smoochies Lip Balm and on appearance alone, wasn’t impressed. I still picked one up to give it a whirl.
What I liked about the NatureLuxe Gloss Balm
- The packaging: It was slim and fit perfectly in a Vera Bradley ID holder (for you fellow college kids)
- The product size: Unlike other tinted balm/gloss products, it was slim for precise application
- SPF 15: This was perfect to keep lips looking pretty while also protected in the sun
What I dislike about the Lipslicks Smoochies Lip Balm
- The packaging: It is larger and more “teen” looking.
- The names: They sound like they let a 13 year old name them (Tweet Me, CU L8R)
- The product size: It is much larger and harder to apply precisely with the darker colors
- No SPF
I picked up the shade 215 Luv U, which is comparable to the old 215 Hibiscus. The new formula has a slightly tackier feel because it’s a little thicker.
So what do you think? Have you tried the Smoochies? What are some of your favorite products that have been discontinued?