Like most other makeup lovers, when I first saw the Too Faced Sweet Peach palette, I immediately wanted to snag it up. Since my last no-buy though I have been much more conscious about what makeup I purchase. I already love and use the original Chocolate Bar everyday, so I thought I’d just buy a single peach shadow and work that into a look instead of another palette. The color was a little hard to capture, but in the swatch below you can see just how gorgeous ColourPop’s Cheeky is:
Top: Pink shade in the Chocolate Bar Palette | Middle: ColourPop Cheeky | Bottom: Transition shade in the Chocolate Bar Palette
Here’s how to get a super easy look in 5 easy steps:
1. Work your transition shade in the crease. Like I said earlier, if you have your neutrals, all you really need is a single peach eyeshadow to get a coral inspired look.
2. I like to apply ColourPop shadows with my finger. Apply Cheeky to the center of your lid.
3. Optional: smudge eyeliner along your lash line. Then add lots of mascara
4. I take a little of that transition shade on my lower lash line for a little extra definition
5. Finish off with a coral blush and gloss! I used Benefit Coralista and the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Pango Peach.
Top: Pango Peach | Middle: Cheeky | Bottom: Coralista
Special thanks to my Dad for being my photographer!
I wanted to give a review and some swatches of these limited addition e.l.f. lip glosses! You can find them here on the e.l.f. website.
The pack is a part of the essential line, so they are $1 each, $3 for the pack.
There is a coral (no shimmer), a strawberry pink (golden shimmer), and a clearish, bright pink (silver/blue glitter).
The coral and the pink are the only two that you could wear alone and get a good color payoff. The last one would really just be to top off a lipstick or a stain.
Right: Out of the tube Left: Sheered out, more how it would look on the lips
There is a slight scent, almost vanilla, and they aren’t too tacky.
Overall, you’re getting what you pay for, but they aren’t bad. If you need something to throw in your cart for free shipping or if you really like lip gloss I’d say go for it, but they aren’t an e.l.f. must-have product.
Hope that was helpful! xoxo
I haven’t tried much makeup from The Body Shop, so I thought I’d give this Baked-To-Last Blush a try. When I bought this blush, it was on sale for $9 (50% off) and might still be, so check it out!
It’s a baked blush so like most, it is domed. I really like the clear packaging.
I would say this is on the pinker end of the coral spectrum. It takes on more of a coral tone when the two colors are swirled together. This is a very highlighting blush so if you like matte blushes, you’ll want to take a pass on this one. I am really happy with this blush and think it could be worn with a variety of eye looks and lip colors!
Have you tried any makeup from The Body Shop?
Coral is a color that looks great on just about anyone! It’s the go to color for summer, so here are some of my favorite color picks you might want to try!
1. The Body Shop Baked-To-Last Blush in Coral: This blush is super highlighting and gives a pretty flush to the skin.
2. e.l.f. Studio Moisturizing Lipstick in Coral Cutie: This lipstick is right on trend with the coral/orange statement lip.
3. Smashbox Lipgloss in Melon Drama: For a gloss, this is super pigmented and has a pretty gold shimmer (it has also been repackaged since I purchased it).
4. eos Lip Balm in Summer Fruit: While the product itself isn’t coral, it does have pretty coral packaging and smells super fruity!
5. O.P.I. Nail Polish in Cajun Shrimp: This is my go-to summer color. It’s bright and long lasting.
6. Revlon Coloburst in Juicy Papaya: This is probably my favorite Revlon lip butter. It is natural but gives the perfect hint of coral to the lips.
7. Benefit’s Coralista: This was my first boxed blush, and it shows! It is a classic coral and ever so slightly scented!
What are your favorite corals? Let me know!
My wish list is always a little ambitious, but a girl can dream, right? Here are some things I have my eye on for the Spring!
1. Too Faced A La Mode Eyes: This eye shadow palette is a part of the Too Faced summer line and I am in LOVE with these colors. They look absolutely gorgeous and overall seems to have good reviews so far. Plus, I love the Parisian, nautical theme!
2. Too Faced Melted: These “liquified long wear lipsticks” look amazing and super vibrant! I have my eye set on Peony and Coral.
Right now, Too Faced is having a giveaway where you can win the Melted collection AND a matching bathing suit for each color from L*Space! Like Too Faced on Facebook and use this link to enter! http://bit.ly/1tv4ZHE
3. Dior Rosy Glow Healthy Glow Awakening Blush: This blush has been on my radar for awhile now. I think the glow it gives would be perfect for Spring.
4. First Aid Beauty 5 in 1 Face Cream: I running low on my current face cream and think this might be next up to try. It has SPF 30 (great for summer) and looks like a nice all around face cream.
5. Sephora Collection – Classic Mineral Powder Brush #45: I’m in the market for a new mineral foundation brush and I think this one might be the ticket. Sephora brushes have really impressive reviews so I think I’m going to give this one a try.
What’s on your wish list? Have you tried any of these products? Let me know! 🙂