Liebster: (German Origin) n. sweetheart, beloved person, darling
Hello all! I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Claudia Fox. It was very nice to be recognized, Claudia, so thank you. The award is basically a tag, a way to get to know more about the bloggers you follow and to find new bloggers to follow!
So before I ramble on, let’s get to it. Claudia asked…
- What would your dream home look like? Near the ocean, white or grey, a porch, and big backyard for lots of BBQ’s
- What’s your main hobby? Aside from the obvious (makeup), I love reading, watching YouTube, and…organizing
- Which holiday would you choose – Camping in the country or hotel in the city? Hotel. Easy. I’ve actually never slept outside before!
- Do you have pets? No, I don’t. I’m allergic to almost everything. I am definitely a dog person though.
- What is your one must have if you could only have one beauty product? Concealer. My under-eyes are rough stuff.
- If you were an animal what would you be and why? I know dolphin is a cliche, but I love swimming. So anything that could be in the water, really.
- Would you rather climb a mountain or go swimming in a lake? ^^ Lake ^^
- Favorite treat/dessert? Sweet>Salty…so this is hard. I really love ice cream
- Instagram or Twitter? Instagram. I love pictures and you’re less likely to find TV spoilers on Instagram
- Favorite lip product of all time? Probably Burt’s Bees lip balm in pomegranate. Nothing fancy, but if I could only pick one, this would be it. Honorable mention to the Revlon Lip Butters!
- Kindle or Book? Book. I love the smell of old books and that feeling you get when you’re halfway through one and the spine creases.
Now, the random facts about myself!
- I love having my nails painted but hate painting my nails.
- I used to be mildly addicted to Diet Coke.
- I am such a band geek and am in the marching band at The University of Iowa.
- I love airports. I almost think they are more fun than the vacation.
- When I’m really stressed out, I clean.
- I give myself allergy shots instead of going to the doctor.
- Peonies are my favorite flower.
- I like getting ready to go out more than going out.
- Amsterdam is my favorite city I’ve been to (so far).
- I firmly believe Emma Stone and I are meant to be best friends.
- My favorite clothing is either grey, striped, or grey.
My Nominations are as follows
BlondeBeauty13 | MissEmilyMarie23 | Coffee. Beauty. Life-Style | Eat Sleep Chic | The Life and Lies of Sarah | The Nikki Diaries | Mommybeauty | Elese, Aesthete | Gurls and Pearls | A Few Pretty Pastels
My questions for the nominees:
- What is one city/country you have yet to visit and would like to?
- Any tattoos? Do you want any?
- What is your favorite television show?
- Chocolate or Vanilla?
- Who is your celebrity crush?
- What is the one part of your makeup routine you spend the most time on?
- You are running late and only have time for either hair or makeup. Which do you do?
- What’s the one thing that makes you feel on top? (A red lip, heels, great jeans?)
- What’s the one thing you’re afraid to do with your look but think about often? (Purple hair, black lipstick?)
- Who is the one singer/band you would want to see? (Dead or alive)
- If you could go back in time and teach yourself one makeup trick when you were first starting, what would it be?
So nominees, congrats! Now, it’s your turn. Make a blog post that…
- Recognize the blogger who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator asked
- List 11 fun/random facts about yourself
- Nominate 10 bloggers with less than 200 followers who you think deserve to be recognized
- Inform the bloggers you’ve nominated them
- Give your nominees 11 questions to answer
Whew, that’s all! I hope everyone has a great week!
I went away for the weekend and wanted to share what was in my travel makeup/toiletries bag! I was not flying, so the products were not for a carry-on or anything like that.
I got my travel makeup bag at Target from the Orla Kiely line. I absolutely love it. You can check out the most similar version here, although all of the prints and patterns are a nice mix of feminine/modern/cute.
In this clear compartment, I keep spillable items: Toner, moisturizer, deodorant, body spray, hairspray, face wash, contacts, and medicine.
In the second compartment, I keep my makeup: Eyeshadow palette, elf under-eye primer, mascara, eyeshadow primer, concealer, concealer #2, powder, blush, bronzer, setting powder, setting spray, BB cream, mini face primer/hightlight, and my eyelash curler.
In the middle zipper compartment I keep small products: Brow, lip, and my elf zit-zapper.
Having a brushes compartment is a great feature and they stay clean and organized in here.
Hope everyone had a lovely weekend! xoxo
I haven’t tried much makeup from The Body Shop, so I thought I’d give this Baked-To-Last Blush a try. When I bought this blush, it was on sale for $9 (50% off) and might still be, so check it out!
It’s a baked blush so like most, it is domed. I really like the clear packaging.
I would say this is on the pinker end of the coral spectrum. It takes on more of a coral tone when the two colors are swirled together. This is a very highlighting blush so if you like matte blushes, you’ll want to take a pass on this one. I am really happy with this blush and think it could be worn with a variety of eye looks and lip colors!
Have you tried any makeup from The Body Shop?
Coral is a color that looks great on just about anyone! It’s the go to color for summer, so here are some of my favorite color picks you might want to try!
1. The Body Shop Baked-To-Last Blush in Coral: This blush is super highlighting and gives a pretty flush to the skin.
2. e.l.f. Studio Moisturizing Lipstick in Coral Cutie: This lipstick is right on trend with the coral/orange statement lip.
3. Smashbox Lipgloss in Melon Drama: For a gloss, this is super pigmented and has a pretty gold shimmer (it has also been repackaged since I purchased it).
4. eos Lip Balm in Summer Fruit: While the product itself isn’t coral, it does have pretty coral packaging and smells super fruity!
5. O.P.I. Nail Polish in Cajun Shrimp: This is my go-to summer color. It’s bright and long lasting.
6. Revlon Coloburst in Juicy Papaya: This is probably my favorite Revlon lip butter. It is natural but gives the perfect hint of coral to the lips.
7. Benefit’s Coralista: This was my first boxed blush, and it shows! It is a classic coral and ever so slightly scented!
What are your favorite corals? Let me know!
I recently have revamped my vanity and wanted to share. As an organization fanatic, I absolutely LOVE watching set-up and storage videos on YouTube and reading how other people arrange their makeup on blogs.
I just wanted to share some before and afters of my organization and maybe give you some more information on the Muji storage containers, because they are definitely an investment.
My vanity is the Micke desk from IKEA.
Not all things fit in the 5 drawer such as:
- bareMinerals foundation
- The Body Shop mineral foundation
- Benefit Erase Paste
- old Benefit boxed blushes (that silvery looking one is a Coralista)
- The New e.l.f Smudge Pots.
I now have the Muji Large 2 Drawer stacked on top of my original Muji 5 drawer.
I absolutely love my Muji drawers. They come protected extremely well and both times have arrived sooner than my estimated arrival date. Be careful when you are unwrapping, if there is a crack, DO NOT open the bag it is in, otherwise they might not return it.
For the most part, everything is in order of how I would apply it on my face from the top down.
My brushes are in various jam jars that I cleaned out. I think it looks really cute and saves you a few bucks instead of buying one. The glass container on top holding my BB creams and primers is an old Bath & Body Works 3 wick candle.
Tell me, how do you store your makeup? If you have a blog post or video on your makeup storage, please link it below because I would love to see 🙂