I was most worried about my under-eye concealer when it came to my wedding makeup. My biggest makeup struggle has been, and probably always will be, my under-eye concealer. My under-eye area always has 1 of 3 finishes:
- Splotchy with too much concealer
- Creasy, sad and dry
- Smooth, flawless, potentially airbrushed
Bless my lucky stars, my under-eyes opted for #3 the morning of my wedding. Below is the EXACT order I applied my makeup as well as every product and shade I used:
- Serum: Alpyn Beauty PlantGenius Survival Serum – You can read my review here!
- Under Eye Patches: Sephora Eye Masks – I had these on while getting my hair done. I credit under eye patches with my flawless under eyes the day off. Patches will help smooth and fill in fine lines prior to makeup.
- Moisturizer: Indie Lee Moisturizer and Drunk Elephant Sunshine Drops – lil bronze cocktail as my base
- MORE moisture: Josh Rosebrook Hydrating Accelerator – I like my skin just a little tacky as I go in to start my makeup)
- Primer: Becca First Light Priming Filter
- Foundation: 1/2 It! Cosmetics CC Cream and 1/2 Dior Matte Foundation – I wanted the dewiness of the It! and the coverage of the Dior. Together they were a perfect cocktail.
- Concealer: Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer – Vanilla under the eyes and face; Chantilly dotted just a touch under the eyes to highlight
- Cream Highlight: Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid – Moonstone
- Under-Eye Setting Powder: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder – Dim Light
- Cream Bronzer: Milk Makeup Matte Bronzer – Baked
- Contour Powder: Hoola Bronzer
- Baking Powder: Hourglass Loose Setting Powder (this has become a new makeup favorite AND talc free)
- Blush Base: Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush – Exposed
- Blush Topper: I lightly dusted a little bit of Beauty Counter Nectar on top of the Tarte
Day of I went with the Beauty Counter Palette and I couldn’t have been happier with how everything turned out. I had been wearing the palette all week and was so happy with the color payoff I decided to stick with it. If you had told me a year ago I was going to wear a clean eyeshadow on my wedding day, I would’ve laughed. I originally bought Charlotte Tilburg to wear the day of but wouldn’t have changed my eyeshadow for anything:
- Eye Base: TresStiQue Eye Crayon
- Eyeshadow: Beauty Counter
- Lower Mascara: L’Oreal Lash Paradise Waterproof
- Lipstick: Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick – Pillow Talk
- Lip Gloss: I applied Fenty throughout the night then to keep my lips glossy and hydrated
These are my final, final steps that I always do at the end in this order. I find that the setting spray followed by a final bit of setting powder and an extra hit of highlighter on the top of my cheekbones gives my skin a natural yet stay-in-place finish:
- Setting Spray: Urban Decay All Nighter
- Extra Finishing Powder: Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Powder – Fair
- Highlight: Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter – Moonstone
PHEW! I know that’s quite the list but that’s everything. Top tips for wedding day makeup if you’re doing it yourself:
- Get eyelash extensions: Not only will your lashes look great for rehearsal dinner and other festivities, you’ll also save time and have less stress the morning of your wedding. Taking lashes off your plate is such a huge win.
- Apply light layers: Start with light layers. You can always add a touch more concealer or powder as you go, and it will look so much more natural than caking it all on at the start.
- Go with what you know: Your wedding day should not be the first time you try out a new foundation. Either stick with your fave or make sure you test it out for weeks leading up to the big day.