If you don’t feel like you hit the new year running, there’s still time to start! Sometimes the new year can feel daunting, so I thought I’d share 5 easy things you can do to help you feel like you’re getting a fresh start without over-hauling your life.
1. Have a spa afternoon: Chances are you had a busy New Year’s Eve and didn’t get a chance to throw yourself a Sunday Spa Day. I am a firm believer in Sunday Spa Day. It helps me recharge after a busy weekend and reset for Monday morning. It’s important to take some time, even if it’s just 15 minutes for a mask, that is dedicated to focusing on you.
If you’re new to an at-home spa routine, I think there are three must-haves: bath salts, a great mask and a fresh-colored polish.
Girl take a bath. Warm water, suds it up and throw in some bath salts. The Mojo Spa Detox & Weight Loss Bath Salts are great because it has sea salt and essential oils to help detox and relax. Their Ultimate Detox Face Mask is gentle enough for sensitive skin. It leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean without drying it out.
OPI Mod About You is my all-time favorite nail polish color. It is a super-opaque, gorgeous pastel pink that makes my nails feel like they’ve been to the salon even when they haven’t.
2. Clear Out Your Closet: Right before Christmas I took boxes and bags of clothes and old things I had lying around to Plato’s Closet and Goodwill. Clearing out your closet will visually help decrease the clutter and make getting ready so much easier. Focus on investing in good basics and classic staples for 2018. It’s better for your wallet in the long run and the environment. If you want a great cardigan for winter and to help you transition into spring, I highly recommend anything from Barefoot Dreams.
I’ve lived in this sweater all winter long. If butte were a fabric, this would be it.
3. Start Using An Oil: I love me some oil. If you have dry skin, oil is your best friend because it will help to hydrate. If you have oily skin, oil is ALSO your best friend! One of the reasons you might have oily skin is because your skin is actually dehydrated and is overcompensating by producing more oil than you need.
If oil scares you, start by just mixing a drop into your moisturizer during the day and apply a thin layer at night. Before long, you’ll be like me and just slap that stuff allover. I’ve only been using this oil for a week and I’m already completely obsessed. It smells fresh, herbal and really feels like it’s hydrating my skin, not just making it greasy.
4. Get a New Phone Case: If the new iPhone wasn’t in your budget, you aren’t alone. A new phone case can really help you feel like you’re getting a fresh start though and can be a fun way to change things up. After all, you use the thing everyday, so you should like the way it looks.
I’ve had a few Sonix cases before. They hold up really well and have super cute designs.
5. Buy a Great Water Bottle: My theory is, if I like my water bottle, I’ll drink more! TBD on whether or not I can prove this theory true in 2018, but I’m sure as hell going to try.
I just purchased this one from Target last week and so far, I’m a big fan.