I hate cooking. Here’s why:
- I hate doing dishes. I would honestly rather clean the toilet. I try to cook all of my food in one pot or pan if possible. When I bake my food, you bet your butt I line the tray with aluminum too so I don’t have to wash the sheet.
- My very tiny apartment doesn’t have a vent above the stove, which means that the sans-door bedroom located next to the kitchen will smell like whatever I cook that night.
- I don’t even have flour in my apartment. If it’s beyond pasta or a chicken breast, it’s outside of my skillset.
Needless to say, I don’t do a lot of cooking. Enter, Kitchfix. I found Kitchfix when Erica from Everything Erica was talking about it on her Instagram Stories. I decided to check it out and give it a go. Best decision I’ve ever made.
Basic rundown of Kitchfix:
- Local Chicago peeps cooking some great food and whipping up awesome granola
- A ton of Whole 30, paleo and vegetarian options
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and snack options with prices ranging from $5-$20 dollars (most around $12)
- Menu changes weekly, you can see a picture of the dish online as well as the nutrition information
- Only $6 for delivery, $1 to pick up at one of their numerous “hub” locations (mainly local gyms) and free to pick up at their kitchen (on Grand Ave near Ashland)
Orders are packed nice and neat with your sauce on the side as you can see above. Now that I’ve tried a bunch of their food, I decided to rank everything that I’ve ordered. I plan on continually updating this list every time I order, so I’ll be sure to let you know when that happens on my Instagram.
Starting at the bottom and moving toward #1:
11. Tomato and Roasted Garlic Soup – If you like spice, you’ll love this soup. I am not a spice person and was not expecting it to have a kick like it did. However, I was hungry and it was still tasty, so I finished it.
10. Mustard Pork – This dish was good, it simply wasn’t my absolute favorite. The sauce was really nice, just a hint of mustard tang.
9. White Chili – This chili was really good, but had just a tiny, tiny kick to it. Keep in mind, I’m also very anti-spice, so I’m probably a bad judge.
Starting with this dish on, I would re-order everything #8 and above. I really struggled to rank the dishes from here on up, but I pretty much ranked them based on how frequently I would re-order each dish.
8. Paleo Beef Stroganoff – The week I ordered this I had a SERIOUS craving for beef stroganoff. The food gods answered my prayers. I was skeptical of cashew “cream” sauce, but holy smokes it was amazing. Only complaint: there could always be more mushrooms.
7. Grilled Chicken Salad with Tangy Avocado Vinaigrette – I want to put this dressing on everything I eat. No joke.
6. Paleo Shrimp Diablo – My biggest complaint with shrimp dishes is that they normally only have 3 shrimp, but this bad boy was loaded. Total win for shrimp lovers.
5. Grass-fed Beef Picadillo – I normally only eat beef out at restaurants and cook a lot of chicken at home. It was nice to get a little red meat in my routine and the dish was delicious.
4. Power Green Veggie Quinoa Bown – While this may seem basic and kind of boring, this green dish is very tasty (hint of lemon), filling and gets a lot of greens in your diet. I’ve gotten 4 or 5 between my last 3 orders. It’s that good.
3. Paleo Chicken Kale Ceasar Salad – This is one of the few salads I’ve ever eaten that actually makes you feel like you’re eating something of substance and not just leaves. The kale is hearty, the dressing is delicious and I really do feel full after.
2. Southwest Brown Rice Pilaf – While pretty basic, this brown rice pilaf was amazing. It hasn’t been back on the menu since my first order, but I’m still dreaming about it…
1. Tuscan Shrimp and Sausage Butternut Risotto – I wouldn’t have thought that this combo would work, but it does. The sausage had a bit of a kick to it, but it was quite tasty. Once again, the dish was loaded with shrimp.
When you have an account you get a referral link for friends: If you would like $30 off your first order of $35 or more (no, that isn’t a typo), you can use my referral link HERE. Transparency: I get some money off, you get some money off, you get money off for your friends…we’re all winning here.
All orders also come with this handy-dandy bag. Save those 7 cents at the grocery store (and the planet).
If you have any questions, ask away in the comments below!