Today I’m sharing my Top 4 favorite places that I ate and drank at in Cleveland, Ohio. I didn’t know what to expect in Cleveland but it really was a charming city. One of the things I love most about Chicago is that you’re on Lake Michigan and it’s nice that Cleveland is right on Lake Erie. Cleveland has the feel of a big city without feeling as crowded and is very walkable.
Behold, the World’s Largest Outdoor Chandelier. Intersection of Euclid Ave and E 14th Street.
Coffee – Pour Cleveland
530 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH
- Pictured: cappuccino
- Great atmosphere
- Good wifi
- Downside: I collect mugs and love getting a new one from each city I visit. Sadly, Pour was out of the cups they sell.
BBQ – Mabel’s BBQ
2050 E 4th St, Cleveland, OH
- Pictured: Big Big and J.W. Potatoes
- Great outdoor atmosphere along the downtown ped mall
- Large selection of whiskey/bourbon
- Huge portions
- Food comes out very quickly
Mexican – Momocho
1835 Fulton Rd, Cleveland, OH
- Pictured: Tacos de pescados
- Very knowledgable staff
- Recently revamped cocktail menu
- Sharable plates
- GET THE GOAT CHEESE GUAC
Dinner & Drinks – Hodge’s
668 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH
Hodges was my favorite meal of the trip. I ate at the bar, but they had great high-top tables in the bar area, a nice dining room, as well as an outdoor bar and patio. Happy Hour goes until 6:30 (whoa), so it’s a great place for drinks to turn into dinner.
- Pictured: Dinner is served with cornbread. It’s baked and served in a skillet with bourbon maple butter. Drool. For dinner I had the Hanger Steak. Everything was absolutely delicious and I finished all of it.
- Very friendly staff
- Really high-quality food without a crazy price tag
- To reiterate: cornbread.
Leave your recommendations down below for more places to eat and drink in Cleveland!