I’ve been on a kick lately of trying to use up product. I’m overflowing a bit right now with samples/travel size products so I’m trying to use them up. While I was able to get more than one use out of some of these products, for the most part this is a first impressions. There were some things I really liked and others I washed off my face after putting them on…
All of these products were really great, but there were a few standouts:
- Guerlain Lingerie de Peau Foundation and BB Cream: I was hoping I wouldn’t like these because of the price tag, but they were absolutely gorgeous. The foundation didn’t have the best wear time and started breaking up around the 4-5 hour mark, but I didn’t really mind because of how naturally it faded and broke up. It didn’t turn splotchy or gross. If I were to buy one, I’d probably go with the BB cream. Gorgeous coverage.
- Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream: Simply put, this just felt like luxury. The texture of this moisturizer was so unique, super soft, and overall felt like a dream.
These bottom two rows were terrible. Quick rundown:
- Ole Henriksen Foaming Milk Cleanser: My Kaplan MD Hydrating Milk Cleanser is much better. This didn’t feel like it did anything other than smear my makeup around, not break it up.
- Lancome Night Cream: I had to wash this off the smell was so terrible. Old woman perfume in cream form.
- Kate Somerville and Ole Henriksen Oil-Free Moisturizers: These weren’t quite moisturizing enough for me but if you have oily skin I bet they’d be nice.
- MDSolarSciences Daily Anti-Aging Moisturizer: I didn’t like the scent of this and it was very runny.
- MDSolarSciences Mineral Creme: This sunscreen was terrible. My makeup went on patchy over the top and felt oily and dry all at once a few hours later.
Feels good to finally throw these away. Bye, samples. Until the next online order…