This is probably crazy, and daunting for any of you who might be new bloggers, but 200 posts later and I finally feel like I’ve really found my stride on here. I’ve wanted to up my blogging game so a remodel has been on my to-do list for awhile now. I finally sat down and did a lot of research on different themes, designers, and how to switch to a self-hosted WordPress site (feel free to ask me any questions about that in the comments). After a lot of research, I decided to go with a theme from Pipdig. The transition was extremely simple and Phil was so patient during the process, which was pretty quick. I could not be happier with Bolt Blogs’ makeover.
Here are some tips I have to update your blog/website:
- Spend the money: The free templates on WordPress and most other blogging sites are great, but obviously the paid ones are better. I ran with various free themes for two years and they were awesome, but if you want more, you have to be willing to spend a little money. Keywords: “a little!” You don’t have to go overboard.
- Use better graphics: Now that you spent some money, let’s do something free! Canva. Haven’t heard of it? You’re missing out. They have gorgeous templates and layouts (like the one you see above) to create whatever your heart desires.
- Follow like accounts/bloggers: Following people similar to you on your socials will help you to not only meet new people but also give you inspiration.
- Brand consistently: Have the same name on all of your socials. If your name is already taken, you can add punctuation to separate yourself but try coming up with something new and original to distinguish yourself. This way, your blog/website is easy to remember and people know how to quickly find you wherever on the web.
- Don’t stress: This is a great rule for just about everything, but especially when it comes to making changes and trying something new. HAVE FUN! If you aren’t having fun, try something new or take a break to refresh.