TGIF! Today I’m coming to you with an updated skincare routine! On Wednesday, I talked about how I’ve been shaving since July because it’s become a huge part of my skincare routine and knew it needed it’s own post to explain everything. Thank you for all of the positive feedback I got on here and Instagram on the photo! I have some great new things in my routine, as well as some staples from my 2014 skincare routine and last year’s 2015 skincare routine. Let’s jump in!
If I’m doing a full face of makeup in the morning, I’ll wash my face but otherwise, I’ll just go into toner and my normal routine. In the morning I use the Olay face wash. I love the lather and it doesn’t leave my skin too dry. At night, I use the Kaplan MD Hydrating Milk Cleanser. In my last post I talked about another cleansing lotion, which I thought was nice, but the Kaplan MD really breaks up the makeup quickly. I’ll then cleanse or exfoliate, depending on what my skin needs. I completely credit the Boots Purifying Exfoliator for clearing up my problem skin. When I feel like a deep clean, I go in with the apricot scrub.
You’ll see three staples in my morning and night routine that are consistent – the toner, serum, and spot treatment. In-between my last two skincare updates, I had a Caudalie serum I hated. I can’t find it online, so hopefully it’s been discontinued. I love The Body Shop’s Vitamin E Moisture Serum, it’s probably my favorite skincare item.
I just started using the Bliss ex-‘glow’-sion face lotion and it’s perfect for the morning. The consistency, stick with me here, is like a thicker version of Yoplait Whips yogurt! There is a slight citrus scent and it’s very refreshing in the morning. It sits under makeup beautifully. I got the Origins eye cream as a sample and I’ll probably buy the full size when the time comes. It’s very super illuminating and very hydrating.
I am in love with my night time routine right now. The Body Shop Vitamin E eye cream is another repeat from my last routine. The Tarte Maracuja Oil is also new. I was sad when I ran out of the sample of the Fresh Seaberry Face Oil, but have been liking the Tarte oil as well. Since I started using a night cream, I think I finally found one that I can tell is actually doing something for my face! The Boots Lift & Luminate Night Cream feels so soft and luxurious. When I use this, my skin feels so moisturized and plump. I can tell I will repurchase this.
Lots of masks for lots of reasons! I like to use 1-2 masks a week, depending on what my skin needs.
- Peter Thomas Roth FIRMx Peeling Gel: This stuff is wild! It’s a resurfacing mask that rubs off your dead skin and it is so oddly satisfying. Because you only need to do this
- Montagne Jeunesse Fruit Mask: I’ve decided this is probably my favorite “suck out your pores” mask. I can’t find the fruit one online, but it’s always in the checkout tower of doom at Ulta. These are only $1/2 and really clear out your skin.
- Origins Out of Trouble: Be warned, this mask smells like menthol if you aren’t a fan of that scent. This mask is nice to just balance out your skin when it is “blah.”
- Origins Clear Improvement: This charcoal mask is nice, but I’m not sure it’s worth the price. I’m glad I got this in a sample pack. Out of the three, I like the Drink Up the best.
- Origins Drink Up: This mask has been saving me while I’ve been sick lately! It smells delicious and really locks in moisture overnight, but I don’t wake up oily.
- Nip+Fab Soften Kale Fix: You can read all about this mask here
I think a part of the face people neglect are lips! To prep for lipstick, I use the eos balm and throughout the day I love the Burt’s Bees Replenishing Lip Balm. If I’ve been wearing a matte lip all day and need to rehydrate them at night, I go in with this Kaplan MD duo. Let me say, I was extremely skeptical of a lip mask at first but as you can see, I’ve made a hefty dent in this mask. It plumps your lips up and tingles a little, but really works. The lip balm smells a little “medical” but doesn’t taste bad at all. It’s a thin consistency and I like that it soaks up quickly.
Well, that was a lot of product! Hopefully this helped, please let me know if you have any questions! Happy Friday! xoxo