100 DAYS IS OVER! Yesterday I completed my no-buy.
I embarked on this 100 Day No-Buy for a few reasons…
- Money: I worked very hard this summer and didn’t want to blow it all on makeup. One lipgloss at CVS here, an eyeshadow there…it adds up.
- Space: I have an excessive amount and quite frankly, I don’t have anymore room.
- Quantity: Constantly buying new products left me unable to enjoy one.
There are a few makeup items I bought. I had to buy a new mascara and brow gel because I deemed them necessary. I also bought a new foundation because my summer one was just too dark and there was no making it work anymore, no matter how much blending I did. Aside from these three things, I was true to the no-buy.
Now that’s it’s over, here’s what I learned…
- I came to school with a set spending money budget for each semester. Shocker, shocker, I was way ahead this semester!
- I re-fell in love with a lot of products and discovered what products I wasn’t using (stay tuned for my Makeup Trash post)
- I realized just how hard not-buying makeup was!
- I found I couldn’t even open promotional makeup emails. The sadness was too real.
I HIGHLY recommend that if you are a beauty junkie, take a break. You don’t have to do 100 days. Try a month! It is very enlightening!
Thanks to all of you wonderful people xoxo