Finally, summer. I couldn’t be more relaxed writing this blog post. I just wrapped up a gorgeous yoga practice (Happy International Yoga Day) and now am eating an evol. Steak Burrito Bowl (they’re so delicious and good for you). Now that it’s finally warm out, I wanted to share a few of the things that help get me through summer!
- Jergens Skin Firming Lotion: Let’s be honest – nothing is going to get rid of cellulite. With that said, I still really like this lotion on my legs in the summer. I’m a body butter gal, but that’s too intense in the heat for me. This lotion is a little bit on the thicker side so you feel hydrated, plus it gives your skin a nice smoothing effect.
- Soap & Glory Instant Sunkissed Tint Body Lotion: While I’ve tried some self tanners that I really like, I’ve determined that I’m far too lazy with maintenance. Enter this lotion. It has olive undertones rather than orange so you don’t look scary, doesn’t transfer, has a hint of shimmer and smells like a tropical dream. Sold.
- Dermalogica Ultra Calming Mist: This mist is great if you are prone to redness. While it’s pricey, I love applying it before my makeup to tone down the redness and add a little extra hydration.
- Clinique Pep-Start Sunscreen: This sunscreen is perfect under makeup and is great by itself. It has the slightest yellow tint to help even out your skin and has SPF 50.
- Nad’s Body Wax Strips: I’ve tried the Sally Hansen strips, which are so painful, and the Nair strips, which didn’t remove a thing for me, and these are the best. The strip is soft like fabric, not stiff and plastic feeling like other at-home waxes. While these are for body, I’ve cut them up before for my eyebrows. Definitely recommend.
- Tweezerman Step-To-It Foot File: This foot file helps keep your feet sandal ready. It has two sides depending on what you need for your at-home pedicure.
Now, a giveaway! I’ve teamed up with 3 of my blogger friends for a HUGE makeup giveaway worth over $200! To enter, check out the Instagram post here. Good luck!
This past weekend Jacob and I were lucky enough to spend the evening with my friend and amazing photographer, Alex. Since graduating from The University of Iowa this spring (Go Hawks!), Alex has been diving into her photography full force. Check out her website here!
I wore this dress last year for graduation and was so excited to wear it again. While my dress is no longer available, I linked some similar dresses along with accessories below.
While I’m a little late for graduation ideas, white or ivory are great to keep in mind because they will look good with any cap and gown. Obviously black is a classic choice as well. A white shift dress like the ones below are perfect for a wedding shower, engagement party, rehearsal dinner…you get the idea.
- Lord & Taylor Scalloped Lace Shift Dress
- Kohl’s Lace Shift Dress
- Kohl’s Lace Shift Dress – Additional sizes
To see the second outfit we wore, click to Alex’s post here.
(Alex’s magical unicorn photos versus the iPhone) Thanks for such a fun evening, Alex!
It’s time for the #NSale! Nordstrom’s Half-Yearly Sale is always amazing, but make sure you hop on things FAST! I know in the past I’ve let items sit in my cart overnight and they’re gone the next morning. I kept my top picks under $50 for ya so you can snag a few extra things. Now, let’s shop:
- Decker Lace-Up Sandal
- Oracle Drop Earrings
- Movement Trail Blazer Tank
- Small Pineapple
- Jet Set Travel Card Case
- Cat Eye Gradient Sunglasses
- Denim Shorts
- Textured Stripe Slipdress
- Good Vibes Sweatshirt
- Home State Glass Coasters
- Getdown Sandal
I tried to keep it to 10 but had to sneak in one extra! I’m getting the shorts because I don’t have a denim pair and am thinking about the slip dress. Also considering the pineapple because who doesn’t need a rose gold pineapple?
I know it’s almost summer in Chicago because I’ve been in tanks and dresses all week. This is my first blog post in a few weeks and I’m so excited to be back with some fun summer outfits. After my tonsil surgery, which went very well, I needed a little time off. But have no fear, I have a lot of exciting content coming up, starting with these three outfits. Everything is linked below for you to shop the looks!
The stars of each of these outfits are from Tobi.com. Tobi kindly reached out and asked if I wanted to try out some new clothes. At first, I was a little scared because we’ve all had that experience online shopping. Luckily, all of these fit perfectly! As a size reference, I am a medium in all of the pieces.
I absolutely love this top. The lace details are really beautiful and the upper portion is lightly padded in case you want to go sans bra. The bottom is slightly see through, but not so much that you feel over exposed.
Shop the look: Lace Peplum Top | Jeans | Heels | Bracelet
When I tried on this romper I immediately though, “4th of July.” It’s so easy to dress up or down with either heels or sandals. It’s lightweight enough for the beach or perfect for your firework celebrations.
Shop the look: Chambray Frayed Romper | Sandals | Bag | Bracelet
This final T-Shirt dress is my favorite of the bunch. I’ve already worn this dress once this week and know it’ll be on repeat all the time this summer. The cotton is super soft and the high-low hem is great for work or just generally feeling comfortable knowing you’re not about to flash someone.
Shop the look: Pocket Tee Dress | Lipstick | Crossbody
*This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are my own.